[vpn-help] Windows 8

Ryan B. Boulo ryan at nfmc.org
Thu Mar 14 10:14:26 CDT 2013

I am trying to get Shrew Soft to work on Windows 8 32bit.
I have a Watchguard XTM 520 firewall and they told me to use this software.
I have tried both versions 2.1.7 and 2.2
both have the same result.
I import my .vpn file and try to connect.
It says Bringing up tunnel, but locks there.  It never connects.
Please advise, and thanks.

Confidentiality Statement:
As stated in North Florida Medical Centers, Inc (NFMC) Notice of Information Practices, to comply with the Privacy Rule in Title II of HIPAA, NFMC will maintain the privacy of patient's health information, including implementing reasonable and appropriate physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect the information. The attached information is CONFIDENTIAL and is protected under the Privacy Act of 1974. It is intended for the use of the addressee(s) identified above. This material must be destroyed appropriately when its use is no longer required. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient(s) or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the attached information to the intended recipient(s), the reader should notify NFMC immediately and return the original message to the address identified via U.S. Mail. Please note that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.