[vpn-help] adapter configuration failed (Win7-64)

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Sun Mar 24 20:48:43 CDT 2013

On 03/14/2013 05:18 AM, Gerd Röthig wrote:
> Hello,
>
> please verify first that you are really connected to the network. Do
> you have network access (e.g. Internet) outside VPN? If yes, it seems
> that no connection to your VPN gateway could be made for some reason.
>
> To find out the address of your VPN gateway, open Access Manager,
> select your VPN connection, right-click on it, and then click
> Properties. On the General tab, there should be an entry for Remote
> Host. Verify if you are able to reach that host (ping, for example)
> before trying to connect via VPN.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Gerd
>
> 2013/3/13 frigerio, oscar, Vodafone Group <oscar.frigerio at vodafone.com>:
>> Hi I am getting this error trying to connect through my Vpn.
>>
>> I installed yesterday and worked. Not today?
>>
>> Windows 7 64x
>>
>> network unavailable
>> tunnel disabled
>> detached from key daemon

Hi Oscar,

This sounds like a problem between Shrew VPN client version 2.1.7 and
Windows 7 on a laptop that also has the Microsoft WiFi Miniport adapter
installed.  One of the symptoms of this problem is that Shrew often
works when first installed but does not work after a reboot.

What version of Shrew Soft VPN client are you using on your Windows 7
x64 machine?  If you are still using version 2.1.7, I would suggest you
try using the 2.2.0-rc-2 version that is available under "HEAD
DEVELOPMENT" on the Shrew downloads page.  It contains several fixes for
Windows 7, including the WiFi Miniport conflict.