[vpn-help] Network connection lost and restored during Shrew Soft VPN Client installation

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Sun Nov 17 17:56:10 CST 2013

On 08/29/2013 07:56 AM, Jaganathan, Prakash wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When we try to install the Shrew soft VPN client the network
> connection in the machine is lost and restored during the
> installation process, is there any workaround to suppress this
> behavior.

Hi Prakash,

I don't think there is a way to suppress the behaviour.  This is because
Shrew adds some elements to the network stack and it needs to be
re-initialized for the additions to be activated.

There is a silent install option that might make it possible for you
configure a batch process that installs Shrew when the machine reboots.
  Maybe you could use that somehow?