[vpn-help] Shrewsoft VPN client and Windows 8 problem

Jernej Simončič jernej's-shrew at eternallybored.org
Sat Oct 12 04:46:30 CDT 2013

On Friday, October 11, 2013, 18:13:53, Jim Harle wrote:

> I’m going from memory here, but I believe I uninstalled Shrew from
> my physical PC, removed all of Shrew’s data files (I believe there
> is a folder under \programdata), removed all of the nonpresent
> devices from device manager (you can Google that procedure; if need
> be I can give it to you), which I *think* had some Shrew virtual
> adapters, rebooted, installed Shrew again, and it’s worked fine ever
> since.  Every once in a while I still have to cycle the Shrew
> services, but I believe that’s a known issue in the client itself.

I upgraded Windows 8 to 8.1 RTM when it was released on MSDN, and just
had to re-run the ShrewSoft installer (no uninstall, no deleting of
anything else).

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers.
       -- Grossman's Law (Grossman's Misquote)