[vpn-help] problem with client 2.2.2

Willem Kutschruiter willem.kutschruiter at cynit.com
Tue Oct 15 16:07:11 CDT 2013

Team,

I have shrewsoft client version 2.2.2. on my windows 8 64x PC. I'm able to
connect and ping. Happy me..

A friend of mine, also windows 8, 64x PC with a shrewsoft client version
2.2.2 and a import copy of my .vpn file is not able to ping to the other
side.

attached to key daemon ...

peer configured

iskamp proposal configured

esp proposal configured

client configured

local id configured

remote id configured

pre-shared key configured

bringing up tunnel ...

network device configured

tunnel enabled

Ping to the other side does not work.

With  the VPN trace utility I notice that the Security policies and Security
associations are missing, which on my PC they are available.

Also I noticed quite a lot of message about "unable to connect to pfkey
interface".

The other side is a netscreen 5GT running 6.2.0r11 software. We are using
Xauth with a pre-shared key.

He is using Wifi, Wireless lan Adapter WiFi, InterR centrinoR wireless-N
2230.

I'm using Ethernet wired infrastructure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Met vriendelijke groet, kind Regards,

Willem Kutschruiter