[vpn-help] Shrew Soft Installation Issues

Goodluck Abadi goodluck.abadi at myport.ac.uk
Tue Oct 15 13:01:13 CDT 2013

I had successfully downloaded Shrew Soft from your website as directed from
my school, University of Portsmouth. However, I could not complete the
installation. I even decided to uninstall and then re-install several times
but the installation seems to go in an endless circle. After clicking the
”Next button” on the 5th dialog box of the set up wizard as contained in
the installation guide given (the one that asks for choice of installation
location), instead of running the installation, the dialog box shown in the
attachment pops up. If I click “Reboot now” the machine reboots and returns
to the beginning of the Setup Wizard only to end up once again with this
same dialogue box and the circle continues. However, if I click on “I want
to manually reboot later”, the dialogue box simply disappears and nothing
else happens and yet installation does not take place.

  How can this be overcome, please. My machine properties are as follows:

OS: Windows 8

 Processor: Intel ® Core (TM) i5 – 333os CPU @2.70GHz

 Installed memory (RAM):  4.0GB (3.87GB usable)

 System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Kind regards,

Goodluck.