[vpn-help] User can't print

Max Schuster mschuster at interpowerinduction.com
Tue Feb 3 14:02:37 CST 2015

?Hello,

I have a user that can connect to our VPN with little problem but as soon as he disconnects to print he's basically locked out. He can connect and the tunnel says it's enabled but he has no access. After this happens he often has to reboot to log back into the VPN.

I've tried

Updating BIOS

Uninstalling/reinstalling Shrew Soft

Deleting and re-importing the configuration file

Checked the user account settings to verify they were the same as other users
Added our servers to his host file

Turned off the Shrew Soft Adapter

Stopped and restarted his Shrew Soft services

Verified he can ping our servers by IP address and by FQDN

Logged in as another user to verify it was his particular user account

Verified he's not using a proxy

Scanned for malware

I'm not sure what's left to try. I considered doing a route add but his ISP won't allow static addressing. I also thought about adding his printer to our network but I don't know if that will work for when he tries to print locally and I have no way of testing it for him.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks